A Glass Of Water
В английском языке воду с газом или без газа просят не так, как у нас.
Stan Wolfe больше недели назад
English is the global Lingua Franca - which means a common language people from different parts of the world use to communicate with each other. Irrespective of its popularity, there are some facts you might not have come across. Here are 7 things you didn't know about the English language:
1. English is the official language of the sky! All pilots have to identify themselves and speak in English on international flights.
2. More English words begin with the letter ‘S’ than any other letter of the alphabet.
3. The Global Language Monitor estimated that there were 1,041,257 words in the English language in January 2017.
4. It’s believed that one new word is added to the English language every two hours, which means that the language grows about 4,000 words a year!
5. Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis (a type of lung disease) is the longest word in the English language.
6. If you were to write out every number in full (one, two, three, four...), you wouldn’t use a single letter 'b' until you reached one billion.
7. "Good" is the most common adjective in the English language and "time" is the most common noun.
Are you interested in improving your language skills and grammar? Or teaching English as a second language? If yes, try our English language courses.
Пышминцев Евгений больше недели назад
+1 to all the points except #3 and #4. The real number of words is at least 10 times less.
Поделитесь своим мнением. Для этого, нужно войти или зарегистрироваться
После ‘help’ второй глагол может идти как с частицей to, так и...
© 2018 Learn at Home. All Rights Reserved.